Sunday, February 21, 2010

Coconut Oil



Coconut oil has so many benefits and uses, I don't know if I could include them all!

Over the last few years I had been reading about different oils and their health benefits and decided to try coconut oil. At the same time I was eliminating all of the shampoo, conditioner, soap, and other body care products that contain ingredients that are really bad for you. (More on that in our next writing) Then I came upon coconut oil. I love it. I use it for everything! Ok, not everything, but a lot! In our house we use this oil for cooking, as a moisturizer/lotion ( I have heard it can be soothing to those with eczema and psoriasis too!), in our hair to help with frizzies and make it look healthy, and recently I read that you can mix even parts of coconut oil and baking soda to make a homemade, non toxic deodorant you can even use a drop or two of your favorite essential oil if you would like a special scent. The more I learn about it, the more I love it so I thought I would share in case anyone else would like to learn more or try it for themselves :)

Here is an article from our website about coconut oil and places to look for more information

http://www.healthhutch.com/common/news/store_news.asp?task=store_news&sid_store_news=3&storeID=E4BAEB362D3D435695068E7F94C474A9

No comments:

Post a Comment