Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sickness-YUCK!


My family has been sick for the better part of a week with a cold, and just as I was starting to think I might miss this one, I got hit with it!

I suppose it is the time of year and I have definitely heard of tons of people coming down with a cold or flu but still.... I was hoping I would miss it just this once. I think that's hard to do when you give your husband a kiss goodnight and then immediately remember that he's sick, or when you are talking to your beautiful daughter (who has a constant stream coming out of her nose) and she sneezes right in your face. I guess thinking logically about this, I was bound to get it even though I was eating well, exercising, taking my vitamins and supplements, there is just sometimes when a body gets wore down from work, stress, or any number of everyday issues.


So now that I'm not feeling great here is my plan-

1. Rest as much as possible (at least for today!)

2. Drink plenty of Echinacea/Elderberry tea, water- maybe I'll put a little Apple Cider Vinegar and a tiny bit of (organic, raw) honey in it and warm it up!

3. Take plenty of Vitamin C, cold and flu homeopathic remedy, and of course my regular vitamins and supplements which includes a good dose of Vitamin D.

4. Rub oregano oil on my throat, glands, and chest

5. Eat delicious homemade chicken soup and other very healthy foods!


That's pretty much the plan for today, we'll see how the rest of the week goes :)

Have any tried and true things that help you or your family when sickness comes to your house?

We'd love to hear them!


No comments:

Post a Comment