Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Good Reasons To Consider Cloth Diapers


We've all heard our parents, grandparents or others saying how easy we have it now because we have disposable diapers and how much time they spent diapering and cleaning but that was all they had was cloth.

Well you may be surprised to learn that cloth diapering is making a come back in a big way!

Why you ask? Well, different people will probably give you different answers.

We're expecting our second baby in July and I've been seriously considering cloth diapers for a few reasons.

First, diapers contain chemicals that I don't want on my baby's skin. We try to keep as chemical free of a lifestyle as possible so it makes sense to consider a less toxic option.

Second, disposable diapers are not very eco-friendly. I don't like that you throw them away and they sit in a landfill somewhere.

Third, after the initial investment you can actually save money! Who wouldn't like that?


After looking at all of the options, and there are quite a few, I still don't know what diapers we will go with for sure but I know that the more I look at them and learn the more I really like the idea!!


Here is a website that answers the question, Why Choose Cloth?

I really liked the cost comparison too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment